Monday, July 13


Last Saturday, a friend of ours had a special birthday party. It was held in a special park, a playground for adults :) As a treat to his special friends, the guests on their own free will can join him climb walls and swing up in the air 14 meters high (4o plus feet i think) and of course enjoy the yummy buffet and a barbeque outdoor .. Well I have a fear of heights.. I don't know but sometime in my childhood I had a bad fell or something that I started to be traumatized from anything high.. I have such vague recollections of me climbing up a guava and an aratiles tree (a native cherry tree in the Philippines) so I know I must have been climbing way back then..

However on this day everyone was having so much fun and it didn't really matter if you climb high up the wall --observing around the corner.. I mastered enough guts and head for the wall clmbing..

Whew! That's what I could say.. it's really scary when you are confronted with your fear face to face.. aside from that- it's not just the fear.. I didn't have the arm muscles to lift myself up. It might look easy but it needs a lot of energy to pull yourself up to the next stone or whatever they call those colourful thingies..

It might look easy but it's really hard grasping those tiny things..



And another attempt :) I didn't reach the top but looking back now, I am so glad I tried it..otherwise I would look back at this opportunity and would wonder why I didn't do it.. The park is not far from us but nevertheless I on a normal sane day would not even think about going there! Whenver I look back at my life, I always think about the things I didn't do rather than the things I did do..

Oh and in case you want to do it.. be warned.. my arms still hurts ..after 2 days .. paracetamol and ibuprofen were no help...

What a wonderful birthday.. i don't know if the

6 comments:

Kayni said...

man, i need to lose some lbs in order to do some climbing...

kg said...

galing toni! i used to wall climb...sarap ng feeling!

Toni said...

@Kayni - haha.. yup I realised that too after having a hard time lifting myself up..

Kg - wow, you must be good at it if you used to do it before.. was a good try but honestly not for me ;) i am so afraid of heights.. i might be smiling on the picture but in real life i was terrified!! ;)

Anonymous said...

Good for you, Toni. You would have missed out on the fun had you decided not to do it.

Toni said...

hello joanne - yup you are right.. i am glad i did it :) otherwise i would be blaming myself for not seizing the opportunity :)

Gattina said...

I would immediately land on my bottom ! lol