So while just reading things in the net I came across this article Seven Questions to Ask About Last Year and I just so love the questions the author wrote about that I want to write it here as well. This blog has become the only source of my journal writing the last few years (again one of those failed resolutions) and I thought it would be a good way to document it through my blog.
1. If the last year were a movie of your life, what would the genre be?
I would have loved my movie to be a comedy musical but it was more of a drama. The V. was 2x out of jobs this year - we did not know what the future holds - what would happen to the mortgage, future plans, etc. before end of this year he got a new job - happy ending indeed, hopefully till ever after..
2. What were the two or three major themes that kept recurring?
- hoping for the best despite the uncertainties
- answered prayers
- passing my Montessori theory exams
- good working relationship with clients and colleagues
- getting out of the crisis unscathed
- finally was able to go home to see my family after 4 years!
- compensation from my hard work
- I failed to document more of my life in my blog (my only source of journalling at the moment)
- I could not keep up with some of my activities (book club, bible studies) and had been reading less
- Disappointed with myself for not being fit or trying to at least do something about it
- Not getting real compensation for my work and efforts
- and something too personal to share
- time spent on travel
- time spent on leisure activities
- time spent with friends
7. What were the major life-lessons you learned this past year?
- It really is hard to reach a goal and it means sacrifices (whole summer studying) but it's worth it (passed the exams!)
- You'll never know what tomorrow brings and you just have to be hopeful and keep the Faith
- It is good to have some savings for the rainy days. The V. and I realised how we were living and spending our money that we did not really have such a big problem during our financial worries.
Whew, this took time than I thought. Tomprrow I shall write about things I am looking forward about 2011 - the dawn of a new decade-