Thursday, February 12

Happy 4th Birthday to me

Yup, I couldn't believe it myself, but yes I am 4 years old today - this blog is existing since February 12, 2005. I know I am not such a great blogger - you know not updating the blog regularly about my whereabouts and all. Nevertheless, congratulations and more power- to me.

The purpose of this blog was basically to update my friends and family. It is borne out of laziness - to not email everytime and send pictures all the time- thus the blog was created. I came upon an article in a newspaper from the Philippines and there was this corner - best blog of the week. A few years ago, when I first came here to Germany, my brother told me to have an online journal and sent me the link to live journal. I ignored it and thought - what publish my thoughts online?? It's not until that particular evening reading the online paper did I realise to have my own blog. Oh yes, I thought I should have done it earlier - but hey better late than later :)

5 comments:

Gattina said...

Congratulations ! I didn't know that you are "older" than me ! I will celebrate 3 years blogging in July !and couldn't imagine my life now without ! Blogging is the ideal occupation for a retired person, lol !

Kayni said...

Congratulations! Well, as you may have noticed, my blog is evolving into something else. To what, I don't know yet...lol. That's the beauty of blogging. I'm glad I met you through blogging.

Anonymous said...

Thanks :) I am also glad I met you two in this big, blog world :)

Layrayski said...

Hi Congrats! I didn't know you're 4 years into blogging already. I think I have been writing just as long as you have although I have jumped from one blogging site to another in that span of time =)

Anonymous said...

hi layrayski - yup., time flies 'no? is there a way to back up your blog? would be a waste if you wake up one day and all the entries are gone!